Lead Data Scientist
Geomiq is a leading Digital Manufacturing Marketplace. An innovative B2B MaaS (Manufacturing as a Service) platform and Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered system that connect buyers and sellers with unprecedented efficiency.
Conventional manufacturing is infamously challenging for companies both big and small. We’re tackling that head on by making reliable manufacturing methods instantly available to engineers all over the world through our digital platform. Empowering every one of our customers to create revolutionary products faster, Geomiq democratises access to transparent & predictable manufacturing.
If you're looking for an exciting role within B2B tech scale-up working with some of the world’s leading brands, space exploration projects, medical advancements and robotics then look no further.
We are Manufacturing the Future
A revolutionary platform that completely digitises the existing process of quoting and ordering of custom manufactured parts whilst ensuring the highest operational and quality outcomes. Our main customers are Design Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and Procurement teams building the world’s most innovative products.
Check out the platform here: www.geomiq.com, and view a video of the current version of the platform in action:
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Lead Data Scientist to join our team and lead our compact team of data scientists, computational geometry engineers and data engineers in order to build greenfield technologies. Data science has a significant impact within the manufacturing industry to overcome legacy bottlenecks and industry wide challenges.
- Hands on team leadership
- Develop novel methods to analyse and predict 3D model part pricing using machine learning based models
- Analyse supplier performance and predict risk and likelihood of on-time deliveries in order to influence job routing
- Using open source Optical Character Recognition recognition (OCR) tools combined with language models to read and extrapolate information from documents and technical 2D drawings
- Collaborate with operations and product teams to understand critical issues and develop novel solutions
- Mentor other developers by giving pragmatic feedback and following software development best practices
- Continuous Improvement - keep abreast of best practices within the industry
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, ideally with expertise in computational geometry, computer graphics, computer vision, or computational simulations of physical systems
- 5+ years of experience in software development in a similar field
- Building and deploying end to end production ready software
- Experience within the 3D model manufacturing space
- Knowledge of FreeCAD, MATLAB and Python is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Stocked Kitchen of snacks, fruit etc
- 23 days annual leave with an extra day off for your birthday
- Bi-weekly social events
- Monthly Team events
- Culture of internal progression
- Cycle to work scheme
- More to come as we continue to accelerate growth